Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions and How to Enter
About the Competition
- The #ThankYouTrucker competition runs from 27 May to 9 October 2023.The closing date for entries is midnight on Saturday, 2 September 2023.
- Entry forms for the competition will only be accepted from 27 May 2023 to Saturday, 2 September 2023. Any entries received after 2 September 2023 will not be considered.
- The campaign, an initiative by Iveco SA and The Road Freight Association, is looking for the most extraordinary freight driver: a remarkable individual who goes above and beyond the call of duty. This driver is helpful, trustworthy, dependable, caring, and passionate about his/her career as a freight driver.
- The measurement for determining the most extraordinary freight driver will be drawn up by the Competition Committee.
- Entries must be submitted online at www.thankyoutrucker.co.za
- Finalists will be shortlisted and details will be announced on Friday, 15 September 2023.
- The public will be able to vote for their favourite driver from 15 to 29 September 2023.
- The Committee shortlisting the candidates will comprise representatives from an RFA Interest Group, IVECO SA and The 13th Floor.
- The industry will vote for the winner via the Competition website – www.thankyoutrucker.co.za
- Some drivers may be profiled by the RFA and IVECO SA on their websites, social media platforms, the broader media, and using other communication tools.
- Only one entry per driver can be submitted. A fleet owner can, however, enter as many drivers as he/she wishes.
- Only South African drivers in the road freight industry in South Africa can be nominated.
- Only company owners, operations managers, direct line managers or fleet managers may nominate/enter a driver.
- The driver participants must be permanently employed by the fleet owner and must remain in their employment for the duration of the Competition, and up until the winners are announced.
- Termination of employment for any reason whatsoever could result in the driver being disqualified from the competition.
- Participants (both the drivers and fleet owners) must be 18 (eighteen) years or older and have:
- a valid South African identity document.
- a valid driver’s licence.
- valid permit/s to drive the freight vehicle/s.
- Directors, partners, employees, agents or consultants for IVECO SA or the Road Freight Association may not participate.
- Drivers’ documentation will be audited and verified should the driver be shortlisted for the prize.
- It is the responsibility of the fleet owner to obtain the driver’s consent before entering him/her into the competition. Should the driver not wish to be part of the competition, the entry will be disqualified.
- The overall winner will receive R50 000 (fifty thousand Rands) in their personal capacity and for their own use.
- The nominator of the overall winner will receive an incentive of R10 000 (ten thousand Rands) in their personal capacity and for their own use.
- The first runner-up will receive R10 000 (ten thousand Rands) in their personal capacity and for their own use.
- The second runner-up will receive R5 000 (five thousand Rands) in their personal capacity and for their own use.
- The prizes are not transferrable.
Consumer Protection and Data Privacy
- By entering the competition, the participant acknowledges that personal information about them, and the motivation by the fleet owner, will be shared with the competition promoter and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the competition, determine the winners, and for prizes to be delivered to prize winners. Please see consent box below. This information may also be shared in the media and on the RFA’s and IVECO SA’s communication platforms.
- By entering this Competition, all Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The judges’ decision regarding determination of the winners and any issue with the Competition will be final and binding. No appeals or correspondence will be entered into.
- Incomplete or incorrect entries will not be eligible to be entered into the Competition.
- The prizes are not transferable or negotiable.
- The RFA and IVECO SA will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
- When claiming the prize, the RFA and IVECO SA reserve the right to request the winners to provide, within 10 (ten) working days of date of being notified of their prize, positive identification (including a valid identity document or passport) and proof of driver’s licence and permits valid during the period of the Competition, failing which they may be disqualified and forfeit their prize.
- The RFA and IVECO SA reserve the right to shorten, extend or suspend the time period of the Competition, or terminate the Competition whenever it should so choose.
- The Competition, its prizes, and terms and conditions may be amended by the RFA and IVECO SA, at any time during the Competition.
- The Participant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the RFA and IVECO SA, their associates, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees and successors, and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the Competition, any Competition-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa shall govern these Competition terms and conditions and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.